STUDIO RENTAL INFORMATION
There are no studios available at this time.
StormWater Studios – an affiliate of StormWater
StormWater, A Non-Profit Visual Arts Community
Where individuality, and art experiences intersect
Our mission is to establish a consistent and supportive environment to foster the growth of artists and demonstrate the value and importance of visual art to the community at large.
Our vision is to create a vibrant hub of diverse visual artists, fostering creative expression and forming the nucleus of Columbia’s thriving arts district.
We are a vibrant growing arts community in Columbia, situated in the Congaree Vista, at 413 Pendleton Street. Stormwater Studios and Gallery offers the best of both worlds: downtown studios and gallery nestled within a quiet one-acre natural environment.
Our premier studios come with a shared kitchen and free parking
Studio Sinks - Concrete Floors - Individual Thermostats - Utilities and internet included
Each resident artist’s service to the StormWater community includes:
- Joyously working in your studio
- Staffing the gallery two 4-hour sessions per month - Gallery Hours: Wed-Sun, 11-3
- Participation in our two annual resident artist group exhibitions (Vista Lights and Artista Vista) with at least three new pieces for each exhibition
- Take part in Third Thursdays extended hours: 5-8 on a rotation basis with other resident artists- opportunity for open studio
- Attendance at monthly resident artist meetings – Second Tuesdays @ 10:30
- Share resident artist expenses for publicity and events (very minimal)
- Serve on at least one committee
- Involvement, interaction, support within a community of professional artists
- Free gallery exhibition
- Inclusion in two annual resident artist exhibitions during the Vista Guild’s Vista Lights and Artista Vista
- Use of outdoor workspace surrounded by nature
- State-of-the-art security system
When a studio becomes available applicants must submit
- Samples of your work, minimum of 5 digital images and/or website
- Brief informal statement (50-100 words) of your intent for the studio