Heidi Darr-Hope Honored with Verner Award
Posted February 16, 2011
So proud of our own, Heidi Darr-Hope for being one of this year’s recipients of the Elizabeth O’Neill Verner award.
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The South Carolina Arts Commission Board announces the 2011 Elizabeth O’Neill Verner Governor’s Awards for the Arts, the highest honor the state presents in the arts. Established in 1972, the annual awards recognize outstanding achievement and contributions to the arts in South Carolina.
This year’s recipients are:
* Lifetime Achievement, C. Thomas (Tommy) Wyche, Greenville
* Lifetime Achievement, Mary Jackson, Johns Island
* Artist, Heidi Darr-Hope, Columbia
* Arts in Education, Terry K. Hunter, Orangeburg
* Business, Carolina First Bank, Greenville
* Business, Nina Liu & Friends Gallery, Charleston
* Individual, Steven Rosenberg, Charleston
* Organization, Carolina Youth Symphony, Greenville
* Leadership Award, Linda C. Stern, Columbia
“The South Carolina Arts Commission is honored each year to recognize the state’s extraordinary artists, advocates and others working through the arts to make South Carolina a better place to live and work,” said S.C. Arts Commission Board Chairman Dr. Sarah Lynn Hayes. “This year, we are once again in awe of the quality of work and selfless dedication to arts displayed by this round of awards recipients. They are excellent representations of South Carolina’s vibrant arts community.”
Awards will be presented at a Statehouse ceremony on Thursday, May 5. The S.C. Arts Foundation will honor the recipients and the arts community at the South Carolina Arts Gala on Wednesday, May 4. The gala is a fundraiser supporting the programs of the S.C. Arts Commission. For more about the Verner Awards or the S.C. Arts Gala, call (803) 734-8696 or visit www.SouthCarolinaArts.com.